T&T Engineering Services, Inc provides design and engineering services principally to the petroleum exploration and production services industries.
T&T Engineering Services are designers of such state-of-the-art fast-moving masts and substructures as the Helmerich and Payne Flex 3 and the Ensign ADR 1000 and ADR 1500 rigs. The fast moving rigs are designed for crane-less rig-up & rig-down. They are designed for horizontal drilling applications with a robust equipment set. The rig components transport without removal of the drilling equipment including top drive with mud hose and electrical service loop, rotary table, torque wrench, standpipe manifold and BOP, thus reducing rig-up time and equipment handling damage.
T&T's engineering services portfolio includes:
- Third-party structural, mechanical and complete product development design from concept to fabrication drawings to installation, commissioning and testing, including specification and procedure development and final design review verification and certification.
- Comprehensive third party design review and analysis of all primary load path components.
- American Petroleum Institute 2C, 4F/4G, 8A, 8C & regulatory and industry design standards review, inspection and certification.
- Drilling equipment set (DES) – structural, mechanical, system modifications and upgrades.
- Advanced, nonlinear and dynamic finite element analysis (FEA) including - physics based real-time simulation with deflections and stresses.
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Reliability analysis.
- Motion studies and mechanism synthesis including gearing design and analysis.
T&T can deliver structures, products and systems in any stage of completion from product conceptualization to turnkey equipment delivery through ongoing maintenance in the field.
T&T is compliant with ISO 9001: 2008 and accredited by DNV. Several members of the management and engineering team are members of and currently chair or participate in subcommittees and/or task group of the API 4F/4G as well as other professional organizations. T&T Engineering Services, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is headquartered at our design center in Tomball, just north of Houston.
Mark Trevithick, P.E. is the principal and president of T&T. He is internationally recognized and well respected for his conceptual and detailed design and review of drilling equipment (DES) within the E&P industry. The company has 5 P.E.'s and 2 PhD's among its ranks. The average experience level for senior engineering and design staff is over 20 years.