Maverick® Automated Catwalk Machine
The Maverick® Automated Catwalk Machine transfers pipe from pipe racks to location on drill floor that allows top drive elevator to pick pipe up without manual intervention. The automated system eliminates the need for manual handling of tubulars.
- Catwalk/Pipe rack system for tubular lengths to 46' and weights to 10,000#.
- The Catwalk is equipped with leveling outriggers.
- With customer supplied pipe ramps catwalk can used conventionally if necessary.
- A pipe lift transfers drill collars, drill pipe and casing from ground level into a Pipe Trough where they can be lifted to the drill floor.
- The pipe lift system transfers pipe from catwalk back to pipe rack when laying down tubulars.
- A pipe indexing system feeds single tubulars into pipe trough.
Pipe Trough/Skate Assembly
- Pipe Trough with hydraulically actuated four bar mechanism for elevating trough to position to allow presentation of tubulars at correct angle and height to allow safe and efficient transfer to and from elevators
- An integral skate arrangement finalizes the positioning of tubulars and tails the tubular to maintain control of process.
- Pipe retainer on skate prevents pipe from being knocked off pipe trough if links hit pipe.
- Electro-mechanical proportional control valves
- Outrigger extend
- Outrigger lift
- Pipe arm scoping
- Pipe arm lift
- Skate travel
- Trough lift
- Joystick wireless control allows the operator to control the unit from the drill floor or from ground level
- Proximity switches for automatic shutdown
Hydraulic Power Unit
- 75 HP 3 phase XP Motor
- 65 GPM Pump
- 200 gallon reservoir
- Return filters
- Suction filters
- High Temp shutdown
- Low fluid shutdown
The Maverick® Automated Catwalk Machine eliminates the need for pickup and lay down services when running casing.
The Maverick® Automated Catwalk Machine is designed for safety and efficiency. It minimizes human interaction with tubulars during pickup and laydown operations. This prevents accidents during an activity that is one of the most dangerous of the whole drilling process.
- 11' wide x 7' high x 60' long
- Weight: 64,000#